Saturday, December 12, 2009

Everything About Polyps What Is Likely Treatment For Colon Polyps (adenomatous) Condition? ?

What is likely treatment for colon polyps (adenomatous) condition? ? - everything about polyps

I turned 50 this year, the awareness has had a physical examination (all OK) and the routine detection of colonoscopy. I have no symptoms, I'm pretty healthy, but what I hoped for a routine colonoscopy, polyps, and in fact, many doctors ask you to refer the laboratories. Report by Dr. said: "The large number and diversity of polyps is uncommon." And: "Genetic testing is indicated." The doctor told me, twice, each time I looked away for my colon many polyps. The three colonoscopy procedures in the last four months have been about 50 polyps, especially against cancer, "adenoma" - pipe and tubulo-villous pathology reports, but no dysplasia or carcinoma at present). Most polyps are found, quite small, a couple of 1.0-1.5 cm. However, some small
sessile polyps today. After 3 colonoscopy doctor noted that genetic testing and, ultimately, we can colectomy should be considered necessary. "The doctor told me," FAPKM genetic testing ", which I drew blood and sentfrom the Mayo Clinic. This "FAPKM" very specific tests - the search for a specific genetic mutation that might hinder my two points of the removal of polyps. I never knew a family history of polyps, no family history of colon cancer. Everything I read what seems
show that the two points with 50 serious precancerous polyps
If the cause is genetic or "sporadic" and it leaves me with the impression that the option (of colectomy in May finally) is probably not necessary. Pending test results, I wonder, can you explain, this section results to be expected for someone of my current status?

2 comments:

zrepmd said...

There are several familial polyposis syndromes:
Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), a mutation of the APC gene, cancer is 4th in the average of ten years
Attenuated FAP beginning of the same age, but delayed, and polyps less
Gardner and Turcot syndromes: a variety of extraintestinal FAP.
Peutz-Jeghers, juvenile polyposis syndrome and other rarer

Cancer rates can reach 100% in FAP, in some series, often in 45 years. They have a milder variant. Basically, if polyps are too numerous to conduct surveillance colonoscopy is successful, then colectomy is recommended.

Blessings

Christine G said...

Hello, I had to think a colonoscopy for some, that is bleeding, because the dilution of the blood that took pictures of a blood clot. I am 46yrs old and do not believe that they do not find anything wrong and had no other symptoms, except that blood one night in my chair. He was 12 cm of my colon removed and thank God, we are caught early, no chemo or radiation therapy.
I also had the genetic test, because the cancer in my family and went negitive of mutated genes. I was sick of sporadic colon cancer. I have from my doctor can not live without your colon (large intestine). Removing and a new one outside of the small intestine, and do not need a colostomy.
I was afraid that genetic testing and said that I could be a hystorectomy want in the future will have, or that my intestine removed, so do not get it again.
The test will tell you only one mutated gene, which means there may be at greater risk then the general public is to investigate the risk of other cancers and organ removal is not necessary to allowNo cancer. You can talk to prevent a colorectal surgeon about the possibility of the removal of the colon to colon cancer ..... Good luck to you.

Post a Comment